JP’s performance HydroFoil boards:
For 2020 the PWA merged slalom and foil into one new racing format. No matter how light the winds, we are about to witness even more racing and excitement at every
event! Gone will be the times when riders are sat on the beach because of cancelled heats. Insuffi cient wind? Forget it: The new PWA wind limit for slalom will be 5 knots! So,
exciting action will be guaranteed !
For this new slalom discipline, we developed a specialized board and in addition, a dedicated course racing foil board.
General features of these two, new performance HydroFoil designs:
• The key to these designs is the updated rail shape !
First of all, it features clearly sharper rails along the whole hull with no more bevelsin the nose - for maximum lift and planing effi ciency.
The sharp rails push the board up in flight mode after occasional touchdowns.
Secondly, it provides the perfect stance, a connected and stable feel to the board: It is the base to make use of all the power coming from the foil and sail.
• Compact dimensions keep the swing weight low.
• The aerodynamic profi le of the short hull reduces drag while airborne.
• New, big tail cut-outs allow the rider to sink the tail while pumping and load up the foil, resulting in easy and instant takeoff.
• They come with the super stable JP Foil Box to handle all loads and an additional centre foot pad with an arch to offer additional grip and guided foot placing during gybing and
• These boards are equipped with longer, 6 single hole foot strap plugs.
The single hole plugs make moving and adjusting the foot strap position between races quicker. This strap tuning will be essential when swaping foil sizes or fuselages
in changing wind conditions.
The longer plugs provide a wider range of adjustment.
This new board is based on the successful design of the HydroFoil 150 - not the 175 as you might expect simply because its purpose is slalom and not course racing.
Consequently, it comes with a rounded outline, in contrast to the squarish look of the 175.
Obviously, its shape was adapted to fi t the new slalom-foil format and the lower wind limit as well as today’s big and effi cient foils.
It will not only be the weapon of choice of the PWA racer but it will also be a stunning light wind board for every sporty foil sailor.
• High overall volume of 176 L - especially in the tail - and sharper rails get the riders airborne sooner and easier. They instantly push the board back up on the foil after
occasional touchdowns in which they barely slow down.
• Outline and stance are adapted to the higher reaching speeds (now that it is not anymore about pure up and down wind courses).
Compared to the 150 this new board is wider in the nose and tail, however, the maximum width is still 91 cm. Accordingly, the tail straps are further outboard. This all helps
to control the high foil lift at faster pace on reaches.
The super-fast slalom foil machine !
This is the dedicated performance board for up and down wind courses.
• Maximum width: 1 m.
The parallel outline offers this width almost throughout the entire board giving it a more squarish look compared to its predecessor,
the 190. Even the tail is marginally wider and thus the straps further outboard. The width offers maximum leverage to control the powerful foils and sails used in foil course
• Higher volume of 230 L:
The dramatically increased thickness from the tail to the forward strap area increases the volume and offers clearly more leverage.
More powerful foils and sails can be handled easily.
The higher volume and sharper rails get the riders airborne early and easily.
Efficient volume in the nose area supports the rider during tacks or off the start.
The true course racing foil machine !