Mountain bikes are expensive because of the use of high-quality components and technology, some MTB’s go up to $13,000. In order to keep your ride safe, you’ll need proper bike parts that are durable and can take a beating.
What is a decent mountain bike brand?
Here are seven of the best mountain bike brands.
- Yeti. The first mountain bike brand on the list is Yeti Cycles, founded in 1985 and currently located in Colorado. …
- Kona. Founded in 1988, Kona Bicycle Company is one of the best mountain bike brands in the world. …
- GT. …
- Cannondale. …
- Trek. …
- Santa Cruz. …
Is it cheaper to buy or build a mountain bike?
It will always be cheaper to buy a complete bike (mountain or otherwise) than buying and assembling components to make a bike of comparable quality. BUT buying and assembling the components gives you exactly what you want and a more unique bike.
How much should I spend on my first mountain bike?
At the bare minimum, we recommend looking at hardtails for no less than $1,500 and full suspension at $2,000 to $2,500. You can certainly purchase bikes for less, especially if you get away from the name brands or are willing to take inferior parts.
How do I choose my first mountain bike?
8 TIPS FOR BUYING YOUR FIRST MOUNTAIN BIKE
- Get the right size.
- Choose a wheel size.
- Choose hardtail or full-suss.
- Don’t obsess about weight.
- Beware the flashy trinkets.
- Choose suspension quality, not quantity.
- Look for futureproof design.
- Keep some budget back.